Today I received a touching package in the mail from no one I knew, with pictures and letters from strangers. A few months ago, I had the opportunity to make a donation to DonorsChoose.org to fund a classroom project. I searched and searched the site until I found the perfect classroom to help - a girls' charter school in Chicago with 88% poverty rate. The teacher had a plan called Creating a Passion for Poetry. Since I loved incorporating poetry in my classroom, I gave money to fund this project.
I got teary as I read the letters from these 3rd - 5th grade girls and saw their pictures as they worked in their classroom.
So, if you have the opportunity to give, or would like to gift a donation to someone, please check it out. It is time we started doing more to support our children and their education.
I have created a Yoga Education Challenge, so please help me fund these programs.
No comments:
Post a Comment